Our favorite comrade the Crazy Russian Hacker has a new set of life hacks. This time, he’s using Ziplock bags, the kind typically used for temporarily storing food.
The hacks he covers are
- Using a Ziplock bag as a reusable ice pack, for putting on sprained joints and sore muscles, or to simply cool you down in summer. Great, cheap alternative to store bought gel packs.
- A low-tech technique to remove any unwanted air from the Ziplock bag when packing bacon for the freezer. The poor man’s alternative to an expensive vacuum sealer.
- An ingenious method of modding an ordinary plastic bag into your own Ziplock-like bag at home using a plastic bottle.
- Improvising your own non-leaking ice pack for a food cooler.
- Protecting your mobile phone and other small and sensitive devices. Storing your valuable items in a Ziplock can protect them from sand and water spray at the beach.
- A method to quick-freeze orange juice into a creamy slush. This is a cool way of making fruit juice sorbet without needing a blender.